Best Chinese Dessert Recipes
The Chinese desserts are diverse flavors, textures, and shapes as compared to the western deserts. The desserts are served mostly in the typical tea house in Southern China. However, the desserts in the west of countries are served in diverse restaurants and cafes.
The Chinese desserts mostly include the fruits or dry fruits due to which they are healthy. Some of the desserts are not too sweet. Still, they have a refreshing and light sweet taste which is enough to satisfy the taste grows of those who have a sweet tooth.
The desserts are mostly served in the printed wholesale Chinese takeout boxes. These boxes are not adorned with different embellishments, yet they are easy to carry because of their handles. At the moment, we are going to tell you about the best Chinese dessert recipes. These are the top recipes that you can try at home and satisfy your sweet tooth.
The almond float is easy to make a dessert which contains almond-flavored gelatin. This sweet dish is topped with different fruits. For this recipe, the Chinese chefs recommend people to use the fruit cocktails or mandarin oranges. However, this recipe is quite adaptable. You can make use of numerous fresh fruits according to your desire.
Things You Need:
• 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, such as Knox
• 2 teaspoons almond extract, as desired*
• 1 cup evaporated milk
• One can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail with syrup
• 1 cup cold water
• 1 cup boiling water
1. First of all, you have to take a medium bowl and add sugar and gelatin into it.
2. You need to mix these two ingredients properly.
3. Just pour the boiling water onto the sugar and gelatin mixture. Do the stirring continuously to dissolve the ingredients well.
4. Now you have to add almond extract to the mixture and evaporated milk. Mix both these ingredients properly.
5. Add cold water to the mixture while continuously stirring.
6. You need to pour the gelatin into the bowl. You can also serve it in mold form. Let it cool till it gets firm.
7. To serve this dessert, you have to cut the gelatin into the 1-inch diamonds and top it with canned fruits.
Chilled Melon Fruit Salad:
This recipe is a combination of fruits that are coated with sugary syrup and arranged in melon halves. It is an awesome dessert for health-conscious people. You can serve it to your guests as it is quite refreshing dessert. On the other hand, the fruit salad must be cleaned and scrubbed properly earlier then you shape them into the ball with the melon baller. Have a look at this recipe:
Things You Need
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/3 cup honey
• 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 1/2 cup raspberry nectar or orange juice
• 2 cups honeydew melon balls
• 4 cups cantaloupe balls
• 2 cups watermelon balls
• 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh mint leaves or 1/2 tsp. dried mint
1. Firstly you have to take a small microwave-safe bowl and add honey and sugar to it.
2. Position the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and then remove it. You have to stir sugar into honey properly.
3. Keep on magnificent till the sugar gets dissolved completely. Let the sugar stand for around 20 minutes.
4. You have to add raspberry nectar or orange juice and mint into the mixture and then mix these ingredients well.
5. Put the melon balls into the big serving bowl and then pour the honey/sugar mixture over it.
6. Toss the coat gently and then serve it immediately.